Press "Enter" to skip to content

Radon In Condos and Townhomes

Radon in Condos and Townhomes

Condominiums and Townhomes usually have an association that manages the neighborhood. The way associations work is they technically own the outside of any buildings, and the homeowner owns the inside of the building.

Since a radon mitigation system has to have at least some part of the installation on the exterior, you will probably have to get the association’s approval to get the system installed.

However, there’s no reason to panic. We can help you discuss the situation with your association to ensure that all parties are satisfied.

What you can do

Below is a checklist of the things that a homeowners association will probably need in order to approve a given location of a radon mitigation system.
When applicable, you can click on the item and view the document to print. That way you’ll already have most of what the associations need when it comes time to get a system installed.Other than that, the only thing left to do is give us a call and we can come look at the home for you.

Documentation VSI provides after inspecting home:

    • Proposal/Warranty paperwork for radon system
    • Radon System sketched onto photograph of home
    • Proof of insurance

Documentation VSI also provides – Click on the item to view or print:


Below are examples of Condo/Townhome-specific system configurations. See the Virtual Radon System Photos section for a complete description of all work to be performed.

Click image to enlarge:

Outside system Outside system Garage system in attic Garage system – roof penetration